Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Grid Remade

Okay so I had to make this spread in my typography class in the spring of 2011. I can't remember exactly what the purpose of the project was, but I'm assuming it was to emulate a magazine spread. Using what I learned this year, I redesigned it. I tried to go with a minimalist style to make it look modern yet clean. This is the original



























Now I've made multiple designs but I'm not too sure which one to go with. For example, the font choice of going all Helvetica, or the combination of Helvetica and Century book.

All Helvetica (with no design)























Helvetica and Century (with the minimalist design)























Now I made one other design  because I worried the other one was too simple. With this I tried to see if I can push the minimalist design a bit further.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment