Monday, December 3, 2012

Breaking Rules 1 and 2




Okay this project was by far my most favorite, yet most frustrating one yet. We had to do a book cover and I chose the book fight club, which is my favorite movie by the way. So imagine how I felt when I found out it had a book. I want for christmas ^_^. Anyway I seriously didn't want to do this movie injustice and I also wanted to try something new. I attempt to do a minimalist style for the first time. On top of it, all this had to be my original work. So I decided to place Brad Pitt and Ed Norton on the back and front, aligned with each other to leave a subtle hint of the movie. Using the pen tool, I broke down their lights and shadows while leaving the color of their suit in tact. Also I left two other small hints such as the smiley face and the color green instead of red. Now here's the reason why this was my most frustrating project I've done. I had to do this thing while I was sick. The Brad Pitt pic especially. I drew him while my sickness was at its high, a fever. When I finally felt this thing was complete. I then had to find a book to fit. Omg, the pain of that. But by the grace of god, after buying 2 books from Target that both didn't fit it (realized when I got home), I ended up talking to my roommate and by curiosity asked to see his textbooks, and it fit perfectly. Oh the joy of that. So yea, out of this class, I am most proud of this project by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment